Thursday, February 15, 2007

Here's another video, which is really just one boy hitting me for two minutes because I'm making a video, but there have been requests so here it is. While I'm making the video, the students are doing a Valentine's Day word search. God, I love any sort of Western holiday. I just throw in the holiday plus word search into google and I've just managed to kill a solid 20 minutes of every class for the day. I've been meaning to get a video of Bender and I on the dance floor, but I'm afraid if I actually watch that after the alcohol wears off, it could ruin the whole club thing for me.



The kids gave me a whole bunch of chocolate for Valentine's Day, which was surprising because I thought Koreans just celebrated Peppero Day, or at least that was their version of V-Day. I hate how they they give me chocolate and then immediately ask me for chocolate in return. This isn't a two-way road, kids. You give me stuff. I give you homework. There's a photo below of some of my candy. Actually, one of the chocolate bars is from the owner of the pasta place. I think he's in love with me.

A middle school class had to write a paragraph on what they do during the first hour of each morning. A girl wrote, "Next I put cream on my face so that it will look whiter and cleaner." It makes me wonder if Koreans hate really tan white people. That's what a lot people go for in the US, but here, Koreans would be pretty racist towards tan people. The lighter your skin, the better, the darker, the more they hate you. I think if a Korean ever saw an albino, that would be like seeing Jesus for them.

Headed to Tokyo this weekend, should come home with a bunch of pictures and maybe herpes. I have no idea what the exchange rate is over there, so I might blow through a grand in about three hours. Once Japan and N. Korea are through, I'm gonna make a real effort to cut back on spending for a while. You can't live in South Korea for a year and not save a good chunk. It's not a cool enough place to be here just for the experience. The cash is a major factor. The cash and the gay dance contests, they make it all worthwhile.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

One of my coworkers spent a semester in Tokyo and knows the good drinking establishments to go to. I will shoot you an email once I find out.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

people requested this video? i find that hard to believe

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of those candies is definately a condom...take a closer look

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home