Thursday, January 25, 2007

I just got back from getting my second haircut since I got here. I was gonna wait and go with Bender, because, well I feel weird doing anything without him, but I couldn't take it anymore. When I have to convince every class that I didn't get a perm, something must be done. The place I went is right next to my apartment and I'd been scouting it out for a few weeks. You know, making sure there weren't any white people in there. I can't be competing with other foreigners for attention at the barber. I showed the guy a few photos so he didn't screw up my hair too much, but of course I'm an idiot and in each photo my hair is at a different length. Didn't turn out half bad though. It was kind of weird that three other people who work at the place were standing around my chair for the duration of the cut. And then of course, you have to get your hair washed here after the cut, and of course, I got the guy. That was fine until he started playing with my ears a bit too much. Not even just playing with them, but putting his fingers in them. I'll just assume that's normal in Korea and thank god I wasn't too turned on by the whole ordeal.

I'll give Elliot props for this one: Yesterday, I made my middle school writing class watch the State of the Union address. It was a great idea. I didn't have to teach them anything about writing and they were all quiet for 45 minutes. Well, except to tell me every 30 seconds that they couldn't understand anything Bush was saying. Sorry, kids, not my problem. One boy in the class did say "Bushie, very handsome". He was joking, I hope. Apparently the Korean president has had a ton of plastic surgery. It just seems weird when the leader of your country is so into plastic surgery. I read something that said 50 percent of Korean females and 30 percent of guys get plastic surgery at some point. It also said that nose jobs go for about $1,500 but you can get big discounts, so Bender and I are gonna do that soon. I want my nose to look a lot more Asian.

There's four more workdays before I'm back on the 2-10 schedule. I'm still getting killed in the morning under the current schedule because my body physically can not fall asleep before 1am unless I pour a more than suggested dosage of Nyquil down my throat. Overall though, it does seem a lot more healthy to be working 9-5, to come out of work into the daylight is nice and it means I can actually do things. I mean, I still never do anything after work during the week, but it is possible.

I think I have bronchitis. I assumed coughing up green crap was just some nasty kind of cold, but then the Internet pointed out once again that I'm a moron. I'm probably fine though, it's just that the air in Seoul is like smoking a dozen packs of cigarettes a day. A girl in class today was coughing and out of the corner of my eye I see something come flying out of her mouth. It landed on top of her book. She then turned the book over, told nobody to look and asked if she could go to the bathroom and get a tissue. Sorry, that was gross. But it highlights my point, which is it's impossible to be healthy here. And also Korean kids are nasty.

Tokyo is booked for next month. Now we just have to figure out what part of the city is the best to stay at. So if anyone has been there and has any ideas, your comments would be appreciated. I'm listening to Dashboard Confessional right now? Is that gay? Don't answer that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did Mike gained 150 lbs.?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is right bitches! I got props in Bonner's blog!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home