Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Here's another video of Korean children. During this class, we basically sing songs all class because it means I have to do less work. Of course the kids insist on banging on things while singing, but that doesn't really bother me. Actually, usually I'm banging on my desk, too. Around the 30 second mark of the video, a piece of a kid's pen goes flying across the room. Sometimes the people who work at the front desk come take a look in my class, I guess just to make sure the kids aren't involved in a riot.



I got screwed over a bit at work yesterday. Since all of the kids hate John Mark Karr II, of course their parents call all the time and complain about him. Whatever, doesn't matter to me, but then I got hit with it yesterday. One class that I taught last semester complained so much, I think the director was afraid some of them would quit. So they gave me that class. Not a big deal, I thought. But then I realized there was no switch, I now just have two more classes to teach each week. It comes down to this, John Mark is a terrible teacher so now he gets to teach fewer classes. He has 23 a week now. I'm at 29. In a sense, I can't complain because my contract is for 30 hours a week and I'm glad the kids liked me enough to request me to be their teacher, but I'd rather be rewarded for being a good teacher instead of being nailed in the balls. I told David that I'm going to take my pants off in every class, except for two, so that I'll only be left with two classes and old douche will have 50. I guess I just have to pray John Mark gets fired soon, and that does seem to be a strong possibility.

A couple Korean Kids Say Silly Things: In writing class, the topic was to write a paragraph about your best friend. One girl goes, "My best friend is Michael Jackson." I didn't touch that one. In another class, a boy wrote something in Korea on his desk and asked a girl what it meant in English, she yells out "Sex!" Thankfully, I'm pretty sure they have no idea what it means.

The weather has been pretty decent lately. The high has been in the 30s the last couple weeks. Besides a few days where it was too cold to physically move, it hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected. It's also only snowed a couple times, and that is huge. Just two more months of cold, I can already taste Spring.

I went this eye doctor center yesterday, mainly because I can't really open my eyes in the morning. I waited a solid hour in the waiting room, but apparently you aren't allowed to make an appointment. I could tell all the doctors were looking at me thinking, "God, I hope I don't have to speak English to that guy." When I was finally called in, the first thing the doctor does is ask me if I can speak Korean, in Korean, of course. He was obviously slightly retarded. On the bright side, the doctor and two prescriptions cost me $4.50. My eyes also feel better, but I think I'm pouring steroids into them now. For some reason, I doubt this medication is approved by the FDA.

Apparently it was my birthday on New Years Day. As well as for everyone else on this peninsula. I am now 26, Korean age. I knew that when people are born here they are already 1, but then they turn 2 on New Years Day. So Koreans have two birthdays, really. Their real birthday on whatever date and also on January 1st when they actually add a year to their age, along with the rest of the country. That could explain why some of the girls in my elementary school classes claim they are 14, when they look about 10. It doesn't really make any sense.

On a side note, what the hell is with Jack Bauer? He's such a racist. There's no way he needed to shoot Curtis! And then he runs off and starts crying by a tree?!?! If I wanted to watch that kind of crap, I'd watch Home Makeovers or some other gay show my parents watch. I just hope the rest of the season finds its way onto the Internet and it involves a lot more of Jack Bauer chopping through peoples' necks and less of Jack Bauer being a giant pussy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That one kid next to the wall is getting completely worked over. Is that dude playing donkey Congo with that other ones skull?

John

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home