Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I think I have a fever, but I'm still here at work because a fever does not count as a deadly illness and I'm not spilling blood everywhere, the only ways to justify a sick day here. I just went to the store to try to find a thermometer, but when I tried to explain to the guy there what I wanted, he directed to me to an actual thermometer, one just a bit too large to fit in my mouth. Then he said they had a thermometer for your feet, at which point, I just left. Now I've decided I don't even want a thermometer because if I find out I'm at 102 or something, it's just going to make getting through the day even harder. Obviously all of my classes with be playing Uno today while I'm laying on top of a desk somewhere.

Went clubbing again this weekend. I was thinking how I never want to go clubbing in America. Because if you go to a club in America, you're pretty much just a douchebag, but here, if you're white, you are able to go into the club elevated to just a notch above a douchebag since you do have some sort of mystique among the throngs of Koreans. So basically I love it, though at the end of the night on Friday, I remember telling Bender that I wanted to go on stage (after we'd already been kicked off a few times) so we could get thrown out of the club. You know, instead of just walking out of the place, I insisted on being a douchebag. Thankfully we didn't do that. Apparently all American military have now been banned from the club area because one of them decided it would be a good idea to rape an 88-year-old woman last month. I don't know what this means for me, but I guess it means I have less of a shot of getting raped.



Photos- top- on from on the stage at M2, right before I was scolded for taking a picture. other photo is more Koreans dancing. exciting stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm moving to Seoul from Canada in less than a month and already trying to strategize a specific long weekend (one friday, out of a WHOLE year!). Looks like it might come down to bribery and some serious espionage. I feel your pain.

Here's hoping you don't have Japanese Encephalitis or summat :P

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home