Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bender and I have been playing card games the last few weekends. Basically we play War and then whenever someone loses a war, that person takes a shot of soju. It's a dangerous game (see that weekend Bender went home after I passed out at 6pm), but it saves us a hell of a lot of money. You can't find a bottle of beer in this country for less than 4 bucks, a mixed drink is 7 or 8 so if you happen to have a drinking problem, you can easily drop $100 on a night out. Drink a few bottles of soju and head out and bingo, you just cut your bar tab by 80 percent. I think we spent more money playing darts at the bar Saturday than on beer. I'm pretty sure the bartenders hate that. But I don't care because they are Korean. Oh, last weekend we tried to play slapjack, but that ended quickly after Bender slammed the table so hard that it knocked over any sort of liquid on the table.

We finally found the decent club downtown on Friday night for Club Night. I won't get into the gay details, you can see Bender's blog for that, but let me just say that every white girl in this country is absolutely hideous. It was 3am and we had been drinking all night, but this one white girl who was dancing with us looked like her face had been ran over by a train. One Korean girl, who I think was on ecstasy, kept stroking my face and then a half hour later, she told me she didn't like me because I didn't speak Korean. I punched her in the face. It's amazing how packed these clubs get, when we left at 530am, the entire dance floor was still covered with people.

I've been making my students write a lot lately, as that is the only punishment that I ever feel like using. Every day in this one class, these two twins don't have a pencil. It pisses me off so much. I mean, really, who the hell comes to class without a writing utensil? So I end up giving them one and then they write 100 times, "I will bring a pencil to class." They'll be quiet doing that, but they still find other ways to annoy me. Instead of writing the "l" in pencil 100 times, the one kid just drew a giant line all the way down his paper. At the end of the class, before returning my pencil, he used it to scrape dirt off the bottom of his shoe. In another class, I made a girl write that she wouldn't cheat in class after she stole the teacher's manual during the break time. I told her to write and then get the paper signed by her parents, but at the end of the class she crumbled up the paper and threw it at me. I told her I was going to have a Korean teacher call her parents, and then she said, "If you do that, I will quit Topia." Now I'm her little bitch because I never actually get their parents on the phone, because, well, that would require extra effort that I'm not really into.

We do these tongue twisters with every student at the school once a week. Something gay like "A proper cup of coffee from a proper copper coffee pot." Well this week one of the words in it is the name Willie. I explained to the kids in one class that this was just a name so there was no need to look it up in their electronic dictionaries. But they did so the next question was: "Teacher, what's a penis?" I told them it was a magic spaceship. Actually I just laughed and we moved on very, very quickly.

We booked a 6-person mixed dorm room at a hostel in Tokyo. That should be interested as I've already decided that any girl that willingly signs up to stay in a mixed dorm when an all-female dorm is available, is the dirtiest and sketchiest girl I've ever met. So basically, I will probably fall in love in Japan.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That second picture makes it look like there are actual stars in the sky. That can't be right, it must be pieces of white dirt.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home