Friday, February 02, 2007

All of the kids write these diaries each week. They usually don't make any sense, especially the ones from the younger kids. It's quite entertaining to read them, although sometimes the kids are just evil. One girl wrote that her mother yelled at her and said "You are not my daughter! Go Away!" I can't imagine that's actually what she said, but then the next diary this girl entitled it "I hate my mother" and wrote that she really wanted to hit her mother. Maybe I should refer that diary to the police, something isn't right there. Today one of the boys in the smarter classes wrote about how a new student joined the class. "A new student came to class today. His name is Tony. He is not very handsome, but he is as smart as me." I showed this to a Korean teacher, expecting her to say something like "Oh, that's horrible, why is he commenting on how a fellow boy in his class looks?" Instead, and I should have known, she said, "Well, it's true." Oh, Korea, you vain vain nation.

As part of a homework assignment, one class had to write about what would be the best gifts for their family members. One boy wrote next to both his mother and father: a gun. Apparently he was just confused, and that's what he wants to get from his parents. That's great. Another kid thinks the best gift for his father would be a necklace. He may just have two dads. A girl said she'd get her father "Lotto". Because "he really wants to be rich." I hope that girl is getting fed at night.

A middle school girl told me the other day "Teacher, I like your sex." She meant to say snacks, but for a second there, I was about to run out of the school screaming, "I didn't do anything!" Short blog, I'm at work and I've got to watch some TV shows online before class. Happy Groundhog Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger teazed said...

Accidently stumbled upon your blog. "Teacher, I like your sex!" Sounds like your work is very entertaining. It was a fun read. Just wanted to say hi.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home