Wednesday, November 22, 2006

That's me on Monday night. There's a story to it, but it won't make it any less gay.

I have one class that has some sick fascination with the hair on my arms. They always come up to me and stroke my arm and alright, that's fine, they've never seen body hair before. But yesterday, a girl in the class starts rubbing her face on my arm as if I'm some kind of stuffed animal. This went on for a good two minutes. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to react in that situation.

I learned again today that taking pictures of Korean girls, even if they seem to be posing for them, is an awful idea. I broke out a few pictures from this club the other night while I was at work today. Two of the Korean teachers came to the club so they were in a bunch of them. The second I opened up the pictures folder, all hell broke loose. The two Koreans went nuts, yelling for me to delete them. "Oh no! My face is fat!" This girl weighs about 80 pounds. The other girl ran over to my computer and held her hand over the computer screen so no one else in the office could see them. It's so retarded. Hey, guess what, a photo captures what you look like. Everyone knows what you look like already. This isn't breaking news. I didn't run their photos through some morphing software and make them look like two-headed fat monsters. Stupid girls.

I continue to suffer traumatic abuse at the hands of preteen girls. One girl never pays attention and draws pictures all class. Of course, all of these pictures are of me. When she finishes one, she shows the class, they all laugh and then she gives it to me. Last week, she drew a picture of a girl and labeled it "Ryan's Imaginary Girlfriend." Now she's gotten even more clever and has begun writing Korean words next to the picture. This causes further anguish for me as I then must bring the picture into the office and have the Korean teachers tell me what it says. One of them today had a photo of me and some alien looking female with the words "Blind Date" written on it. Another girl in that same class said to me today, "Teacher, you're a lesbian." I'm pretty sure she doesn't understand the full meaning of that word. I told her that wasn't possible. Maybe I'll make it our discussion topic on Thursday. Can't get much worse than last week.

I'm still eating a solid two ham and cheese sandwiches a day from Mini-Stop. I have no ability to walk into a Korean restaurant and order anything unless there are well-detailed photos or English translations that make sense. Erika heads back to the US next week and that is going to force me to learn a lot more. I've done a terrible job learning Korean since I got here. I paid $40 for this software right before I came and the only thing I ever do with it is open it at work and make the Korean teachers tell me the answers to the test questions. I can't see how this is providing any benefit to me whatsoever.

Alright, I've got to get off this thing and do some research for the upcoming Christmas vacation. We get a Monday off! Bender and I are going somewhere on a hotmandatevacation and he cannot be trusted to figure out these kinds of details on his own otherwise I'm going to spend Christmas singing karaoke about 100 feet from my apartment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!! If it was up to me we'd already be booked for a place. F you. Maybe if you didn't sleep 20 hours a day.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home