Wednesday, November 01, 2006

First up, let me take care of any rumors out there so that I can stop recieving emails from Mom saying "Are you OK? Are you coming home tomorrow?" And yeah, I can understand how some people would think from reading recent blogs that I'm ready to pack it in, but look, I'm here for the experience, good or bad. I already know full well coming to Korea was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. If I left today, I'd have enough stories from three weeks here to last the next three decades. That much has happened.

Work has been ridiculously full of drama over the last week. Not only have the other two foreign teachers quit, my boss also quit today. I think she gave notice for one month, but the head director of the school is rumored to be so pissed at her that she's going to be fired by the end of the week. I can't explain how great that would be. My boss makes Satan look like Mother Teresa. If she leaves, the next 11 months may just be the most awesome of my life. She is the only thing holding me back. I'm really enjoying the teaching and I'm not taking any shit anymore. A few kids were being annoying yesterday and I just threw them out in the hall for the whole class. It's so much easier when I can just focus on the students who actually have some desire to learn.

I do need to cut back on my spending habits soon. I've spent the first few weeks here pretending I'm on vacation and throwing won around like it's candy. It's not tasting nearly as sweet now that I'm running out of it. I've already blown through nearly all of the airfare money. I came here to save money and if I continue on this pace, I'll be sleeping in a nice dark alley when I get home.

I've been mooching computer power off Erika the past few days so I have to use my Internet time wisely and I need at least a half hour to get my always fair and balanced news report from FoxNews. Until next time, as I've been asking my reading students for the past week, "What does the cock say?" Cock-a-doodle-doo.

(Photo- Bender with the eggs at a bar in Sinchon)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home