Saturday, October 28, 2006

Whatever was messing with my head yesterday seems to have passed. That whole thing was pretty surreal and I had no idea feeling something like was even possible. But anyway, I am still satisfied with the experience here so far and there's plenty I have to look forward to over the next year.

I moved into the new place on Monday and it's really pretty sweet. Smaller, yes, but so much newer. I can still fit one couch in there, it has AC and there's no mosquitos. Although that may have something to do with the fact I refuse to open any windows, ever. The shower head actually is higher than my head. There's card access to get into the building. Luxury, baby. So yeah, I am very happy with the new place. Only problem so far is that I destroyed my computer plug. Someone forgot to mention the top socket is 250V, and my computer can only handle 240V, so that was terrible. Hopefully I can pick up a new one at what is supposed to be the largest electronics market in Asia tomorrow.

Things have gotten better with my classes. I made a lot of kids sit in the back corner this week and I spanked a few more. Some of them just refuse to respond to anything, so that's an ongoing battle. I got destroyed this week with the Halloween Party at school. We had to stay late last night to plan for it and then the actual event today was brutal. I wrote a scary story to tell the kids, but my boss insisted on translating it into Korean as I told it, which just made me want to strangle here. There's just no way to make anything scary when someone is there stopping you every two seconds so they can translate. My costume, a giant horse head, was a big hit though and I do have some good photos. Once I get my computer back in shape, I will post them.

It looks like it's definite that both of the other foreign teachers are leaving at the end of next month. So I guess I'll be the senior teacher come December, which is really scary. I still can't get to work on my own and I still would be waiting for my first meal here if it weren't for Erika. I need a poker fix real bad and this Internet Cafe can make the cards really big. And man, that's so hot. Till next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home