Saturday, November 04, 2006

Man, all day I've been wondering why this Korean girl we hung out with last night said to me "So you really don't seem to like Korea." Then I just read Bender's updated blog and it all came back to me. We were at a bar late night and she was eating pieces of seaweed. I told her it was gross or something and probably said other inappropriate things. You know, I've tried this seaweed and it's not that bad, but hey, it's seaweed. You don't eat it. Leave it on the beach.

As you can clearly see from the photos, the horse head made a huge appearance last night at this Halloween party at a club in Hongik. We had been drinking soju before we got there and I'm telling you, it tastes horrible, but there's something magic in that green bottle. When we got to the club and I put the horse head on, something took ahold of me. I was out in the middle of the dance floor gyrating and shaking that head all over the place. It was so hot in there and I think I passed out for a few seconds when I couldn't breathe anymore, but I got lost in the moment. People were chanting "Horse! Horse! Horse!" I'm almost sure that happened, but it could have just been my delusional state of mind. Either way, it was awesome. Best 17,000 won I've ever spent.
Work has been a freakin circus lately. Not only have both of the other foreign teachers quit along with my boss getting fired, but this week, two of the Korean teachers also quit. So basically of the nine teachers in my office, five of them have quit in the past week. I think McDonalds has got less turnover than that. I'm just hoping I don't get screwed at the end of the month when everyone leaves. If they don't replace all those positions in time, I have to imagine I'll be teaching a lot more. And not enjoying it.
It's the heart of the weekend now and I really can't be spending it all in the internet cafe playing with my blog. Bender and I have a romantic dinner to attend, with each other at the Thai restaurant. I'm so excited!
(Photos- top- me as horse with a random guy and bender doing the shopping cart dance)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post Bonner!
John

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home