Monday, April 30, 2007

My bathroom is the dirtiest place in Korea

Up top is a video of students teaching me Korean in class. That seems to be their favorite game to play, although I don't think their parents would be thrilled with the idea. I gave a girl in the class the camera and she had decent camera control. As is pretty obvious the boys in the class want no part of the video and are basically all lame. The one girl who keeps saying 'Teacher you very kind and nice' she's just says that sort of stuff all the time and really I appreciate it even if she had no idea what she is talking about. The fat girl in the class, though, she kills me. Every 3 minutes, she says "Teacher!" then I say what, and she goes "No!" I would throw her out the window if I was strong enough to pick her up.

Now let me get out in front of this story before Bender distorts things. Friday was club night so we went through the usual 3 bottles of soju. Later on in the night, as we were walking to another club, a white guy handed Bender a bottle of rice wine. It was a huge bottle full of a milky-like white liquid. So it was only natural and actually completely unavoidable that I would take said bottle and hold it near a certain part of my body and then, well, make the rice wine shoot all over the place. Around the 50th time I did this, I aimed it right at Bender, who was sitting down next to a Korean guy. (The picture above is Bender offering a Korean girl some of the rice wine, she declined). Anyway, I shot the white stuff all over Bender's pants and actually I think the Korean guy got it even worse. Bender then told the Korean guy to kick my ass, and he probably should have, but he just got up fast and walked away. I had to wash Bender's pants yesterday and the stains actually came out, although that's probably not a good thing because now Bender will keep wearing them even though they have a huge hole in the ass part, which Bender thinks is OK.

Last night Bender got sick after we ate about 6 pounds of rice at this restaurant we go to every weekend. So I got to drink his gin and tonic and also the beer he won after he beat the bartender at darts. Once he left, Koreans started talking to me, which always follows the same pattern. A white guy sits next to Koreans at a bar, they will be very skeptical at first and if they speak English, they will give away no clues. But once they're deep into the $200 bottle of JD in front of them, they will start talking to you and from there, you are best friends. But there's always one or two people in their group who can't speak English so they will get pissed that their friends are now talking to the white guy, but hey, they should learn English. This is Korea. I was talking to one girl for a while who had a Canadian accent because she lived there for a few years and that was amusing for me. After we left the bar, that girl threw up all over the place, and that was not hot. The guy in that group kept trying to get me to come to a nightclub with him, but that wasn't going to happen.

We went to another soccer game today and Seoul lost 3-0. So that makes it three straight games where Seoul hasn't scored a damn goal. I'm pretty sure a team of 12-year-old girls with downs syndrome could beat Seoul at this point. Yeah I took a ton of pictures at school on Friday obviously. I still have five months left here, but I feel like I don't have enough photos of the students, who really are the reason I love it here. They are all still young enough to not have become an insular closed-off to foreigners hardcore Korean. You can really connect with the students, but every Korean over the age of 20, forget it. You can talk to them, most of them are friendly, but they all keep you at distance, which is sad, but it does make the kids that much better to be around everyday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

why are your kids so much uglier than mine?

2:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You fucky. You make no sense. You keep talking about how these korean people keep inviting you to hang out with them, and you decline. AND then WTF, you end the paragraph by saying only little kids want anything to do with you! YOU FUCKY CONTRADICTORY DAFT TWAT!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home