Monday, April 23, 2007

Golden Showers Bring May Flowers

My last blog was published in the Korea Times last week, which was a bit embarrassing in the sense that it wasn't really well-thought/I wrote it in 10 minutes. But I did send it in knowing it would make it into print simply because a foreigner wrote that Koreans weren't to blame for anything. So while I kind of wish I had done a better job with it, it's been great for my popularity at work. When the Korean teachers saw it, they went nuts and within a couple hours, the article was laminated and hanging near the entrance of the school. Really, I'm a whore for anything that will allow me to keep doing absolutely nothing at work besides watching TV and if it takes sending crap into a Korean newspaper, I am so not above that.

I'm not sure what's up with this Asian dust thing. I was expecting to walk outside and breathe in lots of delicious dust and it's just not happened. Apparently it's been really bad a few days this month, as in the Koreans won't leave their homes except to go outside to spit on each other. But I'm thinking white people can't see it or maybe are just not affected by it. My eyes have been bothering me more lately so maybe that is dust-related but more likely, it's because I was supposed to return to the eye doctor 2 months ago.

I was really going to make a solid effort to save some money here, but my spending trends are a bit out of control at this point. During the week, I usually only spend about $10 a day but I'm raping myself on Friday and Saturday nights. I am also eating terribly. KFC twice this weekend, McDonalds once, some ice cream, it all leads to me looking forward to getting back to work on Monday just so my body can get a four day break from awfulness.

At Cargo Friday night, one of the smaller dance clubs we go to a lot in Hongdae, I somehow ended up on the middle of the dance floor holding hands with a white guy and dancing around in a circle. Actually, the bartender was really hot so I said to Bender watch this, intending to fake grind with her I guess, which instead quickly turned into gay dancing event #485 for me. But to be fair to my remaining heterosexuality, the guy did grab my hand and kind of have his way with me. Later in the night I was holding hands with this guy again but this time he had a Korean girl on the other side of him, so um we were all jumping. But eventually the girl escaped so I had to break the sad news to the guy that I couldn't be doing that with just him. It was a tragic moment in gay history.

We went to a baseball game yesterday and while it was a cool experience, the action was painfully slow. We were there for two hours and during that time, 3 and a half innings completed. There was one black guy on one of the teams, which was enjoyable for me, because it means Koreans are being forced to share a locker room with a black guy. And really, that's gotta be a huge blow for the self esteem. We also sat in the retard section at the game, there was one guy in front of us decked out in a uniform, apparently thinking he was about to sub into the game. Two old guys next to us were a bit heavy on the male bonding, ie one guy had his arm around the other guy and his hand in his friend's coat pocket. Just hot. Soccer games are a lot more exciting, for me anyway, so next Sunday that'll be back on the agenda.

Alright, a 10 year old girl is trying to shove gross Korean food in my mouth and that cannot be allowed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home